Monday 10 August 2015

A French movie you need to watch

Hello loves! I know I should continue with my travel posts, but I'm on another vacation right now. We're in Croatia in my grandpa's weekend house that is very near the beach so we can go there every day. It's hot and sunny and the sea is very warm so we're really enjoying ourselves. Sadly we don't have wifi except for the one at the reception-room which is not very good either and I can only take my iPad there. I have all my photos on the computer and there is no point in publishing a travel post without photos, am I right? On the other hand I don't want to leave you without a new post for the next  weeks, so I decided to do some kind of a recommendation of a very good French movie called "Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au bon dieu?". We have this habit of watching a DVD every night so we always take a bunch of them with us, usually some new ones or classics that we love. I don't know about you and your family but we always take too much stuff when go on a vacation with a car. Naturally you have to follow the rule of a maximum luggage weight when you travel by plane if you don't want to pay extra of course. If you go with a car you don't have any rules to follow and we well ehh we tend to go a bit overboard while packing heh. I mean of course I take my whole wheat toast and rolls and my coconut pancakes and cookies with me oh and sugar-free mustard and patĂ©, but you know I'm diabetic (that's just me trying to convince myself that I'm not as guilty as others. Not working.). And it's not only food, we also pack gazillion books and magazines like we're only going to read for the rest of the vacation. Forget eating and all the food that we brought, we have books to read! Though I actually do read a lot here I admit mostly because I can't go on my computer or anything, but it's nice because I finally get to cross off some of the books from my "Reading list" which just keeps getting longer and longer. 
Oh gosh, I've been babbling again! I'm so sorry, back to the movie. I don't know any of the actors, but honestly I don't really know many French actors, so that's not really surprising. I just loved the fact that it is French, because I'm learning it and in contrast to English with which I'm surrounded all the time (movies, books, internet), I'm not really in touch with French. Naturally we watched it with subtitles, because my French isn't good enough and they speak pretty fast, so it's hard to understand. The story is about a French couple with four daughters, three of them married to a Muslim, Jew and Chinese. The youngest daughter is still single and her parents are really hoping that she will marry a French Christian. I won't tell you who is her secret fiancé (if you intend to watch it and I really hope you do, because I was cracking up the whole time) but let's just say he's a big surprise for her family. The movie goes on with the "unlucky" parents helping with the upcoming wedding and trying to adapt to their multicultural son-in-laws. The end is really nice and not typically cheesy like in American movies, so of course I enjoyed it even more. The setting is also gorgeous, a big and old-fashioned house in French countryside with a huge garden, looking exactly like a weekened house that I would love to own in the future if I'll have enough money.
 I highly recommend this movie and if you do watch it or you already know it, please let me know what you think. I would also love to hear your recommendations as I'll have two more weeks of summer holidays when we get back, a perfect time to see a few more movies before school takes up all my evenings again. Thanks for reading!
                                                                            xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I love watching movies from different countries, even though I can't understand any of the dialogue! :D The movie sounds interesting!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand a few words, but they speak way too fast haha, But I know listening to native speakers improves your speaking abilities the most. And it's fun as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a definite culprit of this! At the time being, I'm on a two week long holiday in Ireland, visiting family, and prior to this, ended up packing almost the entire contents of my wardrobe, and am only bound to return with another suitcase full of Irish foods. We're travelling by ferry, so there are no apparent restrictions on luggage (well you wouldn't be allowed to bring a washing machine or anything, but I'm sure you understand what I mean!).

    I'd love to watch the film; the plot sounds very interesting, and it's only bound to aid my French listening skills.

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Consider this my own virtual teashop where you can share your thoughts with me. I would love to know what you think. :)