Monday 12 January 2015

Hi, I'm a perfectionist.

I'm a perfectionist. I've been for a long time now and whenever I tell it to someone, they think that that's actually something good. But it's not, not at all. I am writing this now, because I've just read an article about it. Did you know that perfectionism lead to many psychical diseases? It does. And did you know that perfectionist eventually can't do the best he/she can anymore, so for example a great  student start getting bad grades. It also impacts your psychic feeling, which I can see, because I've been really depressed, tired and stressed lately. Perfectionist also have a lack of imagination and creativeness. You probably already know what perfectionism is, but you have to know the difference between perfectionist and ambitious person. They both have big goals for future, but the ambitious one actually enjoys achieving them, but perfectionist can only think about it he/she was good enough, if he/she really did the best. As you can see we're never content with ourselves, we just have to keep proving that we're good enough, which is sick! I know how it feels, because I never feel worth it and I always worry about the smallest mistakes that I've made. It also deprives me of the awesome feeling when you do better than your average. If you're average grade is B, then you're so happy when you sometimes get an A. But if your average grade is A, you just can't get better! I think what I am mostly scared of is teachers being disappointed in me or classmates making comments like ''Wow, you got a C? Really? How did that happen?''. I would probably start crying. I guess I just can't take the criticism? I don't know. I just know that I have to change, sooner better. This is really taking over my life. I feel like I don't even enjoy my life anymore. I believe I am not the only one, so if you have any idea how to change, please help! Any advice or a share of your experience will be very helpful. At least I'll know that I'm not alone. And if you have any question, please ask, I'd love to help. I realised that I'm way better it helping people solve their personal problems that my, haha. :) I'm so sorry for such a gloomy post. I promise to post something happy on Wednesday! Lots of love for you all!

                                                                          xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider this my own virtual teashop where you can share your thoughts with me. I would love to know what you think. :)