Saturday 18 July 2015

Music crisis

I believe everyone can relate to this problem: trying to find new music that you actually like. If you're anything like me, than you have gazillion songs on your iPod, but whenever you listen to it, you always skip old songs and listen to the new ones. That means you're constantly on a search. I don't know why, but loads of songs that are popular and huge hits just don't impress me at all. I may be picky, but sometimes I hear a song and I'm like "Wow, what a great intro!" and then they start singing and it's all wrong.  A lot of times I listen to a song and I think how much better it would be, if they sang certain parts a bit different, as they don't make any sense to me. I'm not a musician and I don't know much about music, but I find this very annoying. And covers! So many covers are better than original versions, which is really unfair to those talented but unknown artists.
Lately I've been really trying to find some not so famous artists that I would like, for many reasons: 
1. if they're not so popular it's easier to meet them
2. go on their concerts 
3. and those concerts are much more intimate than on big stadiums. Unless you come from a very small and unknown country to which nobody ever comes to like I do. I believe everyone that's not from USA or UK can relate: all new artists always have their first concerts and meet & greets there. They'll never come to I don't know Luxembourg or a small country like that, because they don't have enough fans there. To be honest even when they're famous enough, they don't come, but at least they visit bigger countries near us. They usually visit us when they're old and they play their old hits haha...Not interesting for me anymore. And admit or not, it is always better to be an old fan, supporting the artist from the beginning, than a new fan, discovering the artist when they already have millions of fans. I'm always the second one, sadly.
Today I stumbled upon a great artist on you tube: Shawn Mendes. I believe that you all know him, not just because he is really cute (maybe I shouldn't have written this...what if he ever reads this? Haha, just kidding, won't happen), but because he has an amazing vocal as well. His new album Handwritten is soo good! I was almost in a shock that I loved every single one of the songs. If you know any, my favourites are Strings and Imagination. For those who don't know his music, he is kind of like Ed Sheeran, only using his voice and a guitar in songs, so no massive production, but  also in a way different than Ed. I love this about them, it just seems unspoiled and raw. He just has a beautiful voice and I know he doesn't use auto-tune, as he sings just as good live performing. I really really recommend checking him out and if you do, please let me know what you think. I hope that you were able to relate to some things in this post or just simply enjoyed reading it. Thank you for reading it at all haha!:)
                                                                   xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hm, I'm an American and I guess this kind of problem wouldn't have even occurred to me! Even so, I love exploring new music. I think Pandora is one of the best ways I expand my listening base, but I appreciate your insight as well. Thank you so much for stopping by Sometimes I'm a Story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard for Pandora before, will definitely check it out!
      No problem, it was a real pleasure, your blog is just fabulous!
      Thank you so much for your opinion! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I live in the US, and the state that I live doesn't have that many people or big cities to attract big artists like Taylor Swift to hold a concert here (the biggest artist that ever came to hold a concert was OneRepublic several years back) so I get your dilemma. And if musicians do ever want to tour here, they're usually smaller unknown bands, which explains my weird love for certain artists, I guess.

    I love listening to unknown artists, too! Before their songs hit the radio, I actually knew who Shawn Mendes and Walk the Moon were, and they are great! Like Heather, I do end up listening to Pandora for exploring new music.

    Thank you so much for leaving the comment on my blog, by the way! I'd love to follow, but your Followers gadget isn't working for me, at least. Can you fix it and tell me when it works all right again? I also would love it if you followed my blog, but it's all up to you! Thanks again!

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess that wasn't very fair to say, as it's aparently quiet the same for people who don't live near big cities in the USA. We actually had One Republic concert here as well, so it's not that bad, but it was like a huge thing, everyone from school went, even if they knew only one of their songs.
      That's so cool, when did you discover them? I only knew B.A.M from the beginning, but I don't like them anymore...Thanks for the tip though, I didn't know for Pandora. Gonna check it out right now.
      No problem, yes I'll try to follow you, I haven't try following anyone yet haha.. :)
      Wow, that's weird, actually horrible. Maybe it's because I've downloaded this free blog design? I honestly have no idea how to make an unique blog design and template and everything. Any tips are very welcome. Thank you so much for your help and lovely comment! It made my day! :) xxxx

      Delete

Consider this my own virtual teashop where you can share your thoughts with me. I would love to know what you think. :)